WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure - Pearl Harbor Tours
The Arizona Memorial was
closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. This is an ongoing
repair job that currently does not have a scheduled completion date.
During this time, depending on availability and time it may be possible
for the tour to take the navy launch around the harbor without landing
at the Arizona Memorial. When repairs are completed and the Arizona
Memorial is reopened, it will be added back into the tour.
Oahu Pearl Harbor Tours bring you through World War II from start to end!
During Pearl Harbor Tours, you and your friends or family will have the chance to visit the historic USS Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center. Your group will be able to discover the USS Missouri, a monument that marks the end of WWII. The USS Missouri is the location where Japan signed the surrender treaty. The tour concludes at the new Pacific Aviation Museum (self guided), where you’ll have the chance to see an authentic Japanese Zero Fighter Plane and then visit the seaplane hangar that endured the Dec. 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. While there are many Oahu T ours and Oahu Activities to take part in during your Hawaii Vacation, these tours are ideal for history buffs!
This Oahu Pearl Harbor Tour is an exhilarating engagement with World War II history. This is one of the most popular Hawaii Activities available through Oahu Activities Discount because it lets you walk in the precise footsteps of America’s Heroes. This fantastic journey takes you from the site of Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor to the incredible signing of the Japanese surrender on board the USS Missouri. During your Pearl Harbor Tour, you’ll be able to check out artifacts of the notorious attack at the Visitor Center in Oahu and then climb on board the Navy launch to the USS Arizona Memorial. Next, you and your group will experience a guided tour aboard the USS Bowfin, arguably one of the most significant submarines in the world. The Oahu Pearl Harbor Tour takes you on to an active Navy base that’s under federal protection, Ford Island, and then on to the new Pacific Aviation Museum where you and your group see a glimpse into the past (self guided). You’ll be flown back in time as you check out displays of a world when young aviation heroes were our saviors. In conclusion, this Oahu Tour finishes on the notable decks of the most famous battleship in the world: the USS Missouri. This battleship served from WWII through Desert Storm and was the site of Japan’s surrender to the Allies in 1945. During your Oahu Pearl Harbor Tour, you’ll be able to walk in the footsteps of the famous General Douglas MacArthur, who returned peace to the world by terminating the conflict that claimed over 55 million lives.
Highlights: World War II Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
- Historical narration by an expert state-certified guide
- Observe the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center’s striking attack motion picture
- Check out genuine artifacts
- Climb on board the Navy launch for a trek across Pearl Harbor to the historical Arizona Memorial
(Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of
the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance
and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- Get the chance to view the “Black Tears” of oil that bubble to the surface to this day from the USS Arizona (not available if shuttle is not running)
- Take a tour of the USS Bowfin “Pearl Harbor Avenger” and U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial (Admission and Tour Included in Package Fee)
- Take a guided tour of the Pacific Aviation Museum (Admission Included in Package Fee, Self Guided)
- Check out the USS Missouri, commonly referred to as the Mighty MO (Admission and Tour Included in Package Fee)
- Tread in the footsteps of renowned General Douglas MacArthur and stand on the infamous Surrender Deck
- Gaze into the huge 16" Guns that fling 2,900 pound projections over 20 miles with incredible accuracy
- Listen to the famed story involving a serious attack on the USS Missouri off the coast of Okinawa in 1945
Gold Option Includes:
- Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum Restaurant - Laniakea Café
- Audio tours for the Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and USS Bowfin
USS Arizona Memorial
Black Tears of the Arizona
- Where and When:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and return provided from most Waikiki hotels.
Pick-ups begin in Waikiki at approximately 7:30 am. Return to Waikiki at approximately 5:00 pm.
- PUT FIRST AND LAST NAMES WHEN ORDERING PLEASE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS ACTIVITY. PUT NAMES AS THEY SHOW UP ON YOUR ID PLEASE.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has declared a "no bags" policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and Arizona Memorial.
Visitors may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
There is a storage facility for bags at Pearl Harbor National Park available for a nominal fee.
Do not leave any valuables on the bus.
Arizona Memorial closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. If it is still closed by your activity date, there will not be a visit to the Arizona Memorial or viewing of the documentary.
Shuttle Operations to the Arizona Memorial are subject to the Memorial's run time, maintenance, repair schedules and to weather.
- Special Notes:
- Skirts, dresses, and high heels are not recommended attire for the Pearl Harbor Tours. Shirt and shoes are required on Arizona Memorial. Swimsuits are not allowed.
- Operation Days:
- Sunday - Friday
- 7 Hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours.