Oahu to Big Island Volcano Adventure - Hawaii Inter Island Tours
Island Air gives you the opportunity to experience Hawaii Inter Island Tours from Oahu to Big Island! You'll be brought from your major Waikiki hotel to the Honolulu Airport where you'll fly to what’s commonly referred to as the “Volcano Isle” for a whole day.
The Kilauea Volcano located in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a must see for all Hawaii vacations. This volcano tour is offered through Oahu Activities Discount and features a leisurely hike over the lava flow that covered the famous Kaimu black sand beach and village of Kalapana in the 1980s.
During your Hawaii Inter Island Tour from Oahu to Big Island, your group will make a no host lunch stop.
When you are signing up for the Hawaii Activity through Oahu Activities Discount, be sure to enter the full names of all participants as it is displayed on their picture IDs.
Due to volcanic activity and lava flows this
tour's itinerary will run on the following planned modified itinerary.
Itinerary may be altered due to changing volcanic activity:
As soon as the tour can safely revert back to the original itinerary below, it will do so:
- Richardson's Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- King Kamehameha Statue
- Akaka Falls
- Imiloa Astronomy Center - no host lunch
- Downtown hilo
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory
- Rainbow Falls
- Prince Kuhio Plaza
Highlights Oahu to Big Island Volcano Adventure
- Rainbow Falls State Park* - Effective 3/9/15 viewing will done from Boiling Pots
above the falls due to the renovations of the parking access for the
following approx. 6 months.
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory*
- Kalapana Black Sand Beach or Chain of Craters Road*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Visitors Center*
- Devastation Trail/Lava Tube*
- Kilauea Iki Overlook/Steam Vents
- Jaggar Museum*
*Stops are made.
When you’re reserving your Oahu Activities, Oahu Tours, and Hawaii Activities through Oahu Activities Discount, be sure to ask about the various Hawaii Inter Island Tours from Oahu to Big Island!
- Where and When:
- Roundtrip transportation from your Waikiki hotel is included.
This tour departs Waikiki at approximately 5:00 am and returns at approximately 8:30 pm.
Please refer to your confirmation email for final pick-up time and location. Flight schedules change frequently.
- The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 for availability and to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport). The airline will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket. IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in. International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Children 2 years old are required to pay for the airfare and ride in the lap of an adult in the vehicle. Children 1 and under still require birth date and full name.
- Special Notes:
- Occasionally certain sections of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park will be closed to visitors when Kilauea volcano is emitting high levels of dangerous gas. Volcanic fumes are hazardous. Also, for people with respiratory or heart problems, pregnant women, infants and young children, a visit to the park is not recommended. The route may be modified due to National Park advisories. No guaranteed sighting of active lava flows.
Wear walking shoes, bring a light jacket and dress comfortably.
Dinner available for purchase.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- Approx. 15 hours
- Robert's Hawaii Reservations
- Hawaiian Airlines and a great air conditioned tour bus