North Shore Shark Adventures
During your North Shore Shark Adventure, you’ll be able to view the splendor and beauty of Hawaii’s many sharks as they leave their homes in the deep seas to visit you on the surface. While you join the sharks three miles off of Oahu’s North Shore, your feelings towards sharks will certainly alter.
The excursion starts out when you leave Haleiwa and journey out to the ocean to check out our beloved sharks in their natural, comfortable habitat. You may even be lucky enough to see humpback whales, green sea turtles, dolphins, and more during your Oahu Shark Encounter. You can even have close-up encounters during your tour since two of the four cage’s walls are made of plexi-glass! If you don’t see a shark during your North Shore Shark Encounter, you get a refund
During your Oahu Shark Adventure, you may encounter galapago, sandbar, or gray reef sharks. You may even see the mysterious hammerhead or tiger shark. This is one Hawaii Vacation Package that has been proudly featured on Wildlife TV, ESPN, and BBC. Don’t forget your underwater camera! If you’re not crazy about getting extremely up close and personal, don’t worry. You can just stay on the boat and check out the sharks from there for a reduced rate.
- Custom aluminum boats, the 36-foot
KAIOU, and the 42-foot ABUNAI, which include a canopy for shade and
cushioned seating for comfort
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- No diving experience required
- Snorkel and mask will be provided, but guests may also bring their own
- Shark cage dive takes place about 3 miles offshore in water with visibility of 200 feet or more
- Guaranteed shark encounter or you get your money back
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki is only available for the 7:00 am, 9:00 am and 11:00 am tours
Please note: Infants are allowed on this tour.
However, we must have a credit card number to put on file. If for some
reason the infant does not attend, a $85 charge is applied. You are also
required to call to make that reservation.
- Where and When:
- Haleiwa Harbor
Slip 35 View Map
If you're driving out yourself: Drive time from Waikiki to Haleiwa Harbor is about 1.5 hours.
If you selected roundtrip transportation from Waikiki (additional fee applies): Pick-up times from Waikiki hotels are at approximately 7:00 am, 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- If booking an infant (2 and under) a credit card number is required on file. If for some reason the infant does not attend a $85.00 charge is applied. Please also call for reservations with infants attending.
- Special Notes:
- Military discount only applies to those who are active. This does not include retired or ex-military. Active military / Kama'aina discount is also eligible for students. Must be able to show high school or college ID.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 2 hours
- North Shore Shark Encounters
- Kailolo II, a 42-foot aluminum boat with a swim step on the transom of the boat