The Royal Hawaiian Luau
Want to attend a luau celebration that’s rich in history? Then book the Aha Aina a Royal Celebration through Hawaii Activities! This celebration dates back to a time before luaus when there were ‘aha aina’ – a feast of food, song and hula. You’ll be treated like the kings and queens of the past with this lavish festival that commemorates the past.
The celebration is held every Monday night at the Royal Hawaiian’s Ocean Lawn starting at 5:30pm just before the sun sets. You’ll enter the grounds and start the evening participating in hands-on activities such as poi-pounding, kappa-making, and na lawai’a until you’re called to dinner. As you dine on pupu a storyteller will talk about the significance of lei giving, the ocean, and taro. After a feast of food the story of the Helumoa, the legendary playground of Hawaiian royalty, will be told with a spectacular performance of hula and song. You’ll be mesmerized by this Royal Hawaiian celebration!
This is not one of the typical Oahu Luaus you’ll find in Hawaii. This is a story & feast rich in Hawaiian history that will not be forgotten! Contact Oahu Activities Discount and get the best discount on this celebration through Oahu Activities Discount. You won’t be disappointed!
- Perfect beachfront location on Waikiki Beach
- Takes place at the historic Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Learn about old Hawaii and Hawaiian customs and culture
- Take part in Hawaiian activities
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.Cocktail Seating
- Includes the show and 2 beverages. Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Thursday
- 2.5 hours