Pali Makani Flight - 30 Minute Flight
The 30 minute Pali Makani Flight is the most popular of all the tours that Oahu Helicopter Tours offers. This journey gives you a splendid combination of wilderness and history. You will begin your journey traveling along the south coast towards Waikiki and Diamond Head Crater. Your pilot will take the helicopter around to circle the popular snorkeling spot Hanauma Bay and then go on to take you above miles of clear sandy beaches as well as a breathtaking view of the historical Nu’uanu Pali Pass and the gorgeous Ko’oalu mountain chain. The final portion of your journey brings you over tropical valleys and then returns you to the starting point of your flight, allowing you to check out the Arizona Memorial and Pearl Harbor before finally landing. The 30 minute Pali Makani Flight offered by Oahu Helicopter Tours is just one of the many Oahu tours and Oahu activities that are available.
- Where and When:
- Morning: Departure between 9:00 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: Departure between 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm
Afternoon: Departure after 2:00 pm
Complimentary roundtrip transportation from Waikiki area hotels is available. Please select the transportation option at time of booking to request it. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
If you are driving to the airport yourself, check in 30 minutes prior to your departure time at Honolulu International Airport, 130 Iolana Place, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Height and weight are required. Be sure to bring your PICTURE I.D. for security reasons.
- Passengers weighing over 250 pounds (113 kg) may be charged an additional fee equal to one half the tour cost. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) may be charged for an additional seat.
First Class seating is only sold in pairs (2 seats must be purchased). An individual First Class passenger's weight must not exceed 180 lbs (81 kg). The combined weight of two First Class passengers must not exceed 345 lbs (156 kg).
Children under the age of 2 years fly free and must sit on adult's lap.
- Special Notes:
- The A-Star seats a total of 6 passengers, 2 in front with the pilot and a bench seat that seats 4 in the back.
Open Seating: Open seating would be best described as Available seating, meaning you will be seated either in the front or the rear of the helicopter (based on your body weight) to safely balance the aircraft for flight.
First Class Seating: The first class seats are guaranteed. They are the 2 seats up front with the pilot.
- Operation Days:
- 30 minutes
- Magnum Helicopters
- The Eurocopter AS350 (A-Star) allows passengers to relax and enjoy a comfortable ride with a spectacular view. This aircraft was designed expressly for touring, with a spacious, wide open, air-conditioned cabin, Bose noise canceling headsets, two-way communication between passengers and pilot, extra windows for premium viewing, and a DVD recording system to provide a memorable souvenir of the helicopter tour.